On the Road by Susan Steggall
This is for those below the age of three. So take your little one on your laps and then read then book to him. It’s all about a family trip which starts with everyone piling into the car. And then the story takes the kids through different aspects on the road – traffic, a bridge and a tunnel. It ends when they reach the sea.
It’s Vacation Time by Lerryn Korda
This one’s again for those below three. It’s about three friends and how they prepare for the summer vacations. Little Nye makes Popsicle, Nella over-stuffs a suitcase and Lester removes the play toys just to shut the suitcase. It sure does tell those little ones how to prepare for a travel. And its a lovely fun read.
Madeline in London by Ludwig Bemelmans
Madeline arrives in London with her classmates to cheer up a homesick friend. Their adventures take them through busy streets and they handle all obstacles that come their way. This story tells children to face the unknown with courage and curiosity. It also encourages them to appreciate the many wonders across the globe.
The Relatives Came by Cynthia Rylant and Steven Gammell
A large family travels to visit their relatives. The message this book brings out is that there’s always room for one more if there’s love.
The Scrambled States of America by Laurie Keller
Its about two American states Kansas and Nebraska throwing a potluck party for the remaining states when they get immensely bored. While the young readers enjoy the witty read, they learn quite a bit too as well.
And here are a few more options:
- Clifford Takes A Trip by Norman Bridwell
- Arthur’s Family Vacation by Marc Brown
- Caillou: My First Vacation by Roger Harvey
- Martha Speaks: Leader of the Pack by Emily Flaschner Meyer
- The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Car Trip by Stan Berenstain
- Curious George Takes a Train with stickers by Margret Rey
- Logan Goes to China by Dr. Janet Dieman – online interactive book
- The Road to Mumbai by Ruth Jeyaveeran
- The Story of Little Babaji by Helen Bannerman
- Elephant Dance by Theresa Heine
- Bringing Asha Home by Uma Krishnaswami
- Prita Goes to India (Children Return to their Roots) by Prodeepta Das
- Catch That Crocodile! by Anushka Ravishankar
- To Market! To Market! by Anushka Ravishankar
- Moin and the Monster by Anushka Ravishankar
- Locomotive by Brian Floca